Jozie's birthmom was scheduled to be induced this coming Friday morning (even though her due date was not until the 28th), but this baby girl had different plans... On Saturday morning I woke up early, got the boys' swim stuff ready for Dan (he was taking them to Preston's 6th birthday party) and headed to my all day scout training. I arrived at the church at 7:30Am, got registered and settled in for a long day of scout info! At about 8:00AM Dan called my cell phone. I had put my phone on vibrate and it was lucky that I actually heard it... I ignored his call with a text saying "what's up?" (thinking he just had a question about the swim gear) He then returned my text with, "Pack up your stuff, Jozie is coming today. She has already had her epidural." to which I replied, "ARE YOU SERIOUS?". Then I ran out of the room to call him. Dan said that he had just got off of the phone with her mom and she said that the doctor was going to break her water soon. Then the water works started. I walked back into the room (trying to regain my composure) I looked at our Stake Primary Pres. and said "I have to go." She said, "Really?" Then I blurted out something about an adoption and a girl in labor and ran out of the church. I got home and Dan had already packed his clothes. We called my mom and within 2 hours we had done a load of laundry, packed our stuff and were out the door. Thanks to my wonderful mother for taking over the boy's for an undetermined amount of time. I took us 7 hours exactly to make it to Albuquerque. We spent some time at the hospital with birthmom and baby Lynn (finally deciding on the name Jozie by the end of the night). This morning we went to the hospital around 11AM. We took pictures together and said goodbye. It was a sweet, emotional experience. We are so happy to have this, tiny, sweet, daughter of God. We feel so blessed to have her as part of our family.
This picture was taken this afternoon. She is about 30hours old. She has the skinniest arms and legs but she is a very good eater so hopefully she will have some chubs soon. (Thanks Andrea for the cutest tiny outfit. It is one of the only things that actually fit her)
The most perfect lips!
.jpg)
20 comments:
I got a little choked up reading that =) She is precious, seriously. I can't believe how tiny she is! I love how Jozie was ready to get down here with her family... Maybe when Kai and Calvin are working her over, she will change her mind ;) My boys are excited for your boys to come tomorrow...
I love it! What a busy and surprising weekend! I love the name you've chosen and I'm sure everything you're going to put her in and do =) What a tiny little sweetheart, can't wait to see her in person. She's beautiful!
OH MY GOSH Amanda! She is absolutely PERFECT! I have tears of joy for you guys. I can't wait to see that cute gal in person...and you too! :)
Enjoy that little love bug.
ps...I love that carseat cover...did you make it?
Amanda she is sooo cute!!! I love brand new babies they have such a sweet spirit. She is the same weight Preslee was, That is so hard to believe. Cant wait to meet her in person!!!!!!!!
congrats, The Lunds
Yay! I saw you on Saturday at 8am. You were flying down the street. I said to Micah I hope everything is ok Amanda is going so fast. Now I know!!! Congrats we are so excited for you guys. She is beautiful!
Yes you need to do a caution to the reader... Warning you will start crying! I am so excited for you and Dan. Good luck with everything.
I am so excited you have your baby girl! I can't wait to see her....she is a little angel!
She is so Cute. I love her name. Congrats guys.
It is a good thing she turned out so cute because she will probably be the most photographed baby ever! And rightly so!
Congratulations! She is adorable!!! I agree with Chelsea you need a crying warning. We are so happy for you all!!!
Ok, I think we all have tears now. She is amazing and I could not be more excited for your family! How fun for the boys to have a little sister. Welcome to the 4 kids club!!
she DOES have perfect lips! :) maybe from her daddy?!
Awwh!! SO precious Amanda! She is the perfect little addition to your family! I can't wait to meet her!!!
CONGRATS CONGRATS! It is such a special, crazy, emotional and wonderful experience all wrapped up in that tiny little body. I am so happy for you and she is adorable! I love her name and good luck with the rest of process. We will definitely keep you in our prayers. XOXO-Donnie
Jozie is so sweet I can't wait to meet her. I had no idea you guys were expecting I am just so excited right now! I kind of had an inkling when I saw that you said you were taking a break from your photography on your blog. Congrats you guys!
So touching! Congratulations!
That is so exciting,
Congratulations! She is adorable.
Congrats! She is beautiful!
Amanda I had no Idea you were adopting again!!!! I was reading this and got SO excited for you!! She is absolutely beautiful! You will have so much fun with a little girl!:) Her name is so cute too! Congratulations!
1. I am in TEARS at work reading this!!!
2. Jozie is the cutest name on earth.
3. I am not a huge, huge fan of everything pink either!
4. And...where did you get your car seat cover? email me. :)
5. Oh, and congratulations to your sweet little family.
Post a Comment