We had a little backyard party for Kai's Birthday. The kids enjoyed some little activities such as, the rice table (or as Kai would call it "makin' dinner"), a coloring table, and free for all soccer.
The adults enjoyed letting their kids run wild and chatting by the fire pit. On the menu for the night was pulled pork sandwiches, chips, and pasta salad. I think Kai and Calvin only ate the chips.
With the help of Dan and Mary we put up these cute paper lanterns to add a little bit of festive light to our backyard. I can't wait to use them again on the next backyard bash!
If you asked Kai what he wanted for his birthday he would say "blow my candles!". That is all he ever wanted. This is the night his wish came true. Daniel lit the candles about eight times and Kai would have them blown out in a split second. Gotta love those lips!
I made ice cream cone cupcakes. They were a big hit with all the kiddos but not so much with the adults. Oh well they were cute anyway. And it is all about the kids right?

Kai really enjoyed his cupcake cone.
When it was time to open presents I had to pin Kai down and practically force him to open them. I think the other kids were more into it than Kai was.

But by the next morning he was happy to wake up and find a big selection of new things to play with.
Happy 3rd Kai Kai!
1 comment:
Dang Amanda, those pictures are awesome! Cute lanterns too! You're so cool, can I be your friend?? :)
I think I'm over the nightmare picture session. It took a couple hours, but I'm over it. :) Sorry about that!!
Post a Comment