Monday, August 25, 2008

Coupon Sense?


I started coupon sense (thanks to Heather) and this is my first week of savings. I spent around $75 and saved $89. It's a lot of work going to a million grocery stores in one week. But I was pretty excited when I got a free poweraid and a free tube of toothpaste! Some say that it is an addiction.... I am still trying to see if it is worth it.... we'll have to see what the next weeks bring!

11 comments:

Maren said...

I need a lesson in saving money at the grocery store! Seems to me you did awesome your first week.

The Richins Family said...

hey amanda, that's what i didn't like about couponsense. i wanted to be able to go to one store only and get everything i needed. sometimes i still go to walmart to get diapers and odd and ends because it is cheaper there. but i do the grocery game and shop at fry's only. the only big problem is that if i don't go in the morning on monday morning, then most of the best deal items are gone. there are 3 days to shop only. but it's worth it to me. i have a budget and no matter what i have to stay in it. this totally works for me. yes you use coupons to make it work. wow, i should have emailed you this. it is www.thegrocerygame.com

The Richins Family said...

oh this week i spent $69 and saved $110

Clay's gal said...

Last week I spent $39 and saved $95! I was pumped! It is alot of work though!

Candice said...

I am intrigued by the idea, but I don't know if I have the stamina. My friend LOVES it, because she loves getting a great bargain and loves the hunt. She still does it all in one morning, about three hours, and three different stores, and she swears by it. Let me know how it goes...

Your boys are the cutest.

Hess Fam said...

I love the concept....but I might go crazy trying to make it work! Kanoe is a HUGE coupon girl. She did a blog post a while ago with all of her finds and I was amazed. I guess the thrill of the 'game' would be fun?!

The Tyler's said...

I tried it a few years ago and couldn't do it. You have to be super organized and I'm not. You are super organized so I'm sure you will be fantastic! Good luck!

Andrea said...

remind me what the name and author of that book is!??

jana said...

I love your blog..great ideas!

Wendy said...

I'm so close to starting coupon sense but I'm just worried about toting around two kiddos to twenty stores. How did your boys do?

I was thinking it's about time we got some of the former YW leaders together again for lunch. What do you think? I feel like I haven't seen you or talked to you in forever!

Kelly said...

I have been doing C$ for months now and love it! You can do as much or as little as you want. I have cut my bill in half, at least. You have just barely scratched the surface of free stuff. I never pay for toothpaste, toothbrushes and lots of other things. Let me know if you need any help, or want to leave your little guys while you shop. It's a lot easier when you are getting started to be by yourself!