Over the weekend of the fourth of July Daniel and I went to our Stake Girls Camp. We were in charge of the fourth year high adventure camp. Here are some highlights of the trip.
And a Many, Many thanks to Tim and my Parents for watching to two crazies for 5 days!!

And a Many, Many thanks to Tim and my Parents for watching to two crazies for 5 days!!
Kai, trying out Daddy's new backpack.
The theme this year was "superheros" and we were the Iron Women. Our colors were red and gold. Dan made these great IW "bling" for our girls to wear in the skit. I also found fat gold headbands online for $0.25 each! They were so cute!!
We backpacked into West Clear Creek and camped there overnight. It was quite a rough hike but very worth it. It was beautiful and really stretched the girls and made them lean on each other for support. The next day on the hike out we literally had to climb on our hands and knees over huge rocks on some parts of the trail. I think everyone felt really accomplished to make it to the top! I was pretty sore the next couple of days.
This is a view of us headed to our camp spot. We had to climb over rocks and balance on logs to cross the creek. It was amazing to be surrounded by these grand rock walls.
We camped in a spot that my Dad likes to call the "Cathedral". Words cannot describe this circular room lined with towering rock walls. There was a little hole at the top where you could see only a few stars at night.


Here is our crew of 19 girls, 3 youth leaders, and 7 leaders (Daniel and I, President and Michelle Solomon, Tonya and Spencer Bramwell and Juliet Arnett).
We also went canoeing and repelling!! And then back to Camp Lo Mia for crafts, skits, games... On Sunday we had a quiet sacrament meeting outside and it was the only day that we didn't get tons of rain. It was so peaceful to be sitting in the tall pine trees for Testimony Meeting. We are so glad that we were called to come to camp this year and fell in love with our fourth year girls. I hope they can remember the things they learned and the spirit they felt at camp throughout this school year and I am glad to have been a instrument in helping them grow and become stronger.
9 comments:
Hey...that's my aunt Juliet and cousins R&R!! That is so fun that you guys are in the same ward! I love them.
Great job with doing the hike thing. Isn't girls camp the best? That's so fun that Daniel got to go with you.
I was wondering when the pic's of girl's camp would surface. Looks like tons of fun. Thanks for watching Cannon the other night, if Calvin or Kai ever need stitches, you know you can call me for assistance.
Amber
Girls camp... good times! :)
I hope the girls were nice to you. If not, you probably deserve it :)
That actually looks really fun. Good job guys. So Mandy you never called me for the massage. You really are an iron woman. Well when you are ready let me know.
Hey I stumbled across you blog, and I so glad. The pictures are amazing I need to get some copies. Ashlee said this was the best year she has had at camp. You guys were great leaders, nothing but praises came from ash!
WOW, nice spelling ;)
that's quite a large backpack you got goin on... looks like you had fun! glad to finally see an update! on and i love that kai fit in the backpack! :)
You guys are THE BEST. I'm so glad you went and that you enjoyed it and the girls did to. I was praying for it to be the best experience...thank you, thank you, thank you for doing it!!
that looks like a great trip! Cody loves to go back packing, I've never done it but would like to try it one of these days!
Post a Comment