Monday, August 16, 2010

Jozie's Room








I am finally posting pics of Jozie's room now that she is a year old. I love seeing other decorating posts on my friends' blogs so I thought I would share too. This room was practically free! The crib was Kai's and the bedding too. I had bought plain white bedding when Kai and Calvin were babies so that I could reuse in the future. I found this discontinued fabric from Heather Bailey (she only had 3 yards left and I got it all!) that was the inspiration for the room. I added big fabric ties to the corners of the white bumper to make it a little more girly. I used the same fabric to add a middle ruffle to my old guest room curtain. The two night stands were from the guest room too. I want to use them on either side of her bed when she gets a real one so in the meantime they serve as a changing table. The baskets above the changing table were some old chrome ones that I have had forever and I spray painted them white. Daniel's sister, Mary painted the watercolor from one of Jozie's newborn photos (I love this so much, thanks Mary!). Her name sign is mounted on a cut panel from a free door. For the letters of her name, Dan cut out the J and i out of metal (the J is rusted and the i is painted the wall color), the o is a vintage mirror I bought of eBay, the z is a papier-mâché letter from JoAnn's and I made a fabric cover for it and the E is from Kohl's and I used a $10 coupon to by it! The tall cabinet is from my dining room before it was turned into a craft room (it just happened to match the night stands perfectly). My favorite part of the room is the little orange school chair. I got it for $2 and spray painted it orange.
I am really pleased at how the room turned out but I have to admit that I can't wait until I can put a twin bed in there, I just don't like decorating around a crib.

3 comments:

Hess Fam said...

A.MAN.DA! I can't handle it. All of it. You are a talent that I can't get enough of. WOW.

Andrea said...

I L.O.V.E her name with all the random letters! So cute! And I recognize the orange chair. ;)

Courtney said...

It's SO cute, I love the name above her bed, adorable. I would love to do something like that for Brinklee