After many trips up north, Dan finally came home with his prize! He has been waiting for this hunt for quite some time and was excited that he didn't come home empty handed (even though we had to by a new freezer to hold all of the meat). He had an archery bull tag in unit 3C (which I am told is the "dream hunt"). He hit the elk from 60 yards away! With a bow that is pretty impressive. He was by himself that morning so luckily there were some other hunters nearby that were kind enough to help him out. Now, does anyone know any good elk recipes? I promised him I would try to cook some. Yikes.
I guess Calvin watched too many pre-hunting YouTube videos with Daniel. Here is his version of an Elk Bugle.

5 comments:
i'm glad i finally got to hear the elk call... he would never do it for me when i was there! and way to go dan... we're so proud :)
Peter would be so proud! Good job Dan! I still have not eaten any of my dad's elk but my fam says it tastes great and is good for you. Enjoy!
That's actually pretty good! Way better than I could have ever imitated
My Dad has plenty of recipes... I can ask if you want. I had it all the time growing up!
Oh Amanda. Elk recipes! WOW...you win the prize for best wife!
Post a Comment