Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween!

Anakin Skywalker (before he turned to the dark side) Obi Wan Kenobi (with a little darker skin than usual) and a tiny Princess Leia.




I love this picture of Jozie (it is as if she is saying "what the heck are these big buns doing on the side of my head") She was a really good sport and didn't mind her costume a bit. Good thing I whipped it up the day before Halloween because it was a little snug (I guess I didn't allow for a seam allowance).




Kai and Calvin take Halloween very seriously. They were in character the whole day. I asked Calvin what his favorite part of Halloween was and he said "fighting with Hunter" (Hunter is a friend from our ward who was dressed as Darth Vader at the Trunk-or-Treat)



Calvin got some new fancy irrigation boots and poor Kai had to get the hand-me-down
Lightening McQueen rain boots that I spray painted brown. (I don't think he even noticed)




I got some shirts on clearance at Wal-Mart in the women's section and altered them. Then I added all the necessary additions and constructed some faux leather belts pieced together from thrift store finds. Their pants are little girl leggings that I found at ROSS for only $3. Kai loved that his hair was "straight" and that it was light brown. Calvin made sure that everyone noticed that he had a braid (it was glued onto the side of his head with Elmer's Glue, he cried that night when it came out in the bath). I think he thought that he really was the real Anakin.



We had quite the busy day....
6-8AM - Dan had to attend the Stake Priesthood Leadership Meeting
9-10AM - we were signed up to clean the church as a family (good thing Jozie slept the entire time)
11AM-12:30PM - birthday party at the park
3-6PM - Ward Trunk-or-Treat
6-8PM - quick neighborhood trick-or-treating and a stop at the Bennett's Halloween culdesac party
Side Note: Looks like the week of late night sewing is paying off. Calvin has worn his costume everyday, all day since Halloween. Hopefully he won't be disappointed when I won't let him wear it to school tomorrow.

9 comments:

Hess Fam said...

You never cease to amaze. Amanda...what am I going to do with you???!!! You are out of control. Stop making the rest of us look bad. Will you design my costume next year?

The Princes said...

Lulu you are sooooooo creative! The kiddos look so cute! I still need to meet little Jozie. Love ya!

Shanell Farr said...

love the costumes! and that hair on kai?! ha! it's great! we did webcam with mom on sunday night and calvin told me all about his braid and how it came out in the bath. he was not happy about it. and jozie.... i LOVE her! she's the cutest princess leia i've ever seen! she's getting too old... i need to see her again!

Amber said...

I am still dying about Kai's hair. I love that it was gold. SO AWESOME!

And Jozie was precious... nice work sister!!!

Amber

Sarah said...

Loving the Star Wars theme! We seriously almost dressed Maya as Princess Leah too. So funny.

The Holloway's said...

Probably the best costumes I have ever seen...and Princess Leia so adorable!

Kori C said...

Those are some sweet costumes! Very authentic...and you are right- definitely worth the hard work. They look like the real deal! Way to go!!!

Courtney said...

very cute! I love that they are all in theme, I think those costumes are the best. I love the buns on Jozie, what a cutie!

The Day Family said...

Serriously so cute!